Broccoli Lemon Herb Salad
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
The Broccoli Lemon Herb Salad is a great meal prep option for healthy, hearty weeknight salads. The recipe portions are intended for a couple with four salads each.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
2 lbs. chicken, cooked & diced
2 heads broccoli
1 sweet potato, diced
1 green onion bunch, diced
1 can corn
3/4 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 package spinach
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. thyme
1/2 cup olive oil + 2 tsp., divided
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the broccoli into somewhat equal florets. In a medium bowl, combine broccoli with 1 tsp. olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the broccoli out in a flat layer. Roast broccoli for 8 minutes. Flip and roast broccoli for another 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, dice the sweet potato. In a medium bowl, combine diced sweet potato with 1 tsp. olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the diced sweet potato out in flat layer. Roast for 8 minutes. Flip and roast for another 8 minutes.
4. Dice green onions.
5. Combine quinoa, chicken, broccoli, sweet potato, green onion, corn, and black beans in a large bowl. If you are meal prepping, store this broccoli mixture separate from the dressing and spinach.
6. Zest the lemon and get about 1-2 tsp. of lemon zest. Then, cut the lemon and squeeze the lemon juice into a mason jar.
7. To make the dressing, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, oregano, thyme, and 1/2 cup olive oil in a mason jar. Season with salt and pepper. Shake to combine!
8. To serve, combine 1/4 broccoli mixture with spinach. (Reserve the remainder for another 3 meals.) Add 1-2 tbsp. of the lemon herb dressing and toss to coat!