Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Jams, Jellies, & Sauces
A fantastic way to savor the taste of fresh blueberries all year long. Great as a jam, a sauce over waffles, or in a PB&J!
- 5 cups blueberries
2 tbsp. lemon juice
7 cups sugar
1 package pectin
1. Sterilize and prepare jars ahead of time. Fire up the canner.
2. Wash blueberries. Crush berries with potato masher.
3. In a large pot, combine crushed blueberries, lemon juice, and pectin.
4. Bring to a full rolling boil.
5. Add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Return mixture to full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim any foam from the surface.
6. Ladle jam into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
7. Wipe down jars. Center lid on jar and apply band until tight.
8. Place jars in canner and process for 10 minutes. Make sure the lids are completely covered by water.
9. Remove jars from canner. Let cool for 24 hours - you might hear a popping sound as the jar seals. Label and date each jar.
10. Store in a cool, dry, dark place for up to 1 year.