Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Shellfish-Free, Fish-Free
Blueberry Buckle is a delicious summer treat, especially when fresh blueberries are in season! Blueberry Buckle is typically enjoyed as either a tasty dessert, or a delicious edition to a cup of your preferred morning caffeinated beverage.
- Crumb Cake
2 1/3 cup flour, divided
1 1/4 cup sugar, divided
2 ½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup soy milk
1 egg replacer
1/2 cup Vegan buttery spread or sticks, melted & divided
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup pecans
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1-1/2 tbsp. water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Make topping. Combine pecans, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup melted buttery spread in bowl. Mix until crumbly. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, mix 2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a third bowl, whisk egg replacer, soy milk, and 1/4 cup melted Vegan buttery spread until blended.
5. Combine flour mixture and soy milk mixture. Mix until blended. Carefully, fold in blueberries.
6. Pour cake batter into 9 inch square, greased and floured baking pan. Sprinkle topping over batter.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Serve warm. For a little extra sweetness, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, and 1-1/2 tbsp. water. Mix well and drizzle over slices.