Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
The BLT is a classic, easy to make sandwich that never seems to go out of style. What is great about the BLT is right in the name, its simplicity. Also, great with fresh garden tomatoes.
- 1 lb. bacon
1 loaf ciabatta bread
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes or fresh garden tomatoes
1 head lettuce
Vegan buttery spread
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay out 1/2 lb. of bacon. Space the bacon out as much as possible. Cook for 8 minutes, flip, and cook for another 7 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towel to drain the grease. Repeat with other 1/2 lb. of bacon.
3. While the bacon is cooking, shred the lettuce and slice the tomatoes.
4. Cut ciabatta into thin slices (1/4 inch or less). Spread vegan buttery spread on both sides.
5. Heat skillet. Once warm, place bread slices on hot skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown.
6. Make your BLT - layer bacon, lettuce, and tomato between 2 thinly sliced and grilled pieces of ciabatta bread.