Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Jams, Jellies, & Sauces
If you can find fresh blackberries in your area, they are absolutely delicious! Savor the flavor all year long with blackberry jam.
- 5 cups crushed blackberries
7 cups sugar
1 package pectin
1. Sterilize and prepare the jars ahead of time. Fire up the canner.
2. Mash blackberries with potato masher. Measure and make sure they are crushed and packed into the measuring cup.
3. In a large pot, add crushed blackberries. Gradually add in pectin.
4. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
5. Add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Return mixture to full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim any foam from the surface.
6. Ladle jam into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
7. Wipe down jars. Center lid on jar and apply band until tight.
8. Place jar in canner and process for 10 minutes
9. Remove jars from canner. Let cool for 24 hours - you might hear a popping sound as the jar seals. Identify and date the jars.
10. Store in a cool, dry, dark place for up to 1 year.