Black Pepper Chicken
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Inspired by Panda Express, Black Pepper Chicken consists of chicken, celery, onions, and pepper coated in a black pepper sauce served over rice.
- 2 tbsp. canola/vegetable oil, divided
1.5 lbs. boneless chicken thighs, diced into bite-size pieces
3 celery stalks, sliced
1 white onion, chopped
1 small bell pepper, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Cook the rice according to package instructions.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil. Add diced chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Add 1 tbsp. oil along with celery, onion, and bell pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
4. For the sauce, whisk together the soy sauce, cornstarch, oyster sauce, vinegar, black pepper, and ginger until combined.
5. Add the cooked chicken back to the pan with the vegetables. Add sauce, toss to coat, and cook for another 2-3 minutes until heated through and the sauce starts to thicken.
6. Taste test and add more black pepper as desired.
7. Serve over rice and top with green onions.