Biscuits and Gravy
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Biscuits & Gravy is a yummy comfort breakfast food the family will love.
- Grands! Buttermilk Southern Homestyle Biscuits
1 lb. pork sausage
5 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
5 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 cups Almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place biscuits 1-2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
1. In a large skillet, cook pork sausage until done and no longer pink. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
2. Using the same pan, add 5 tbsp. vegan buttery spread and 5 tbsp. flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the flour starts to turn golden.
3. Slowly add in almond milk, about 1/2 cup at a time. Stir constantly to help combine.
4. Add seasonings. Bring the gravy to a boil then simmer on low for 5-10 minutes until the gravy has thickened.
5. Meanwhile, put the biscuits in the oven and cook for 11-15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Once the biscuits are cool enough to handle, I like to cut it in half. Spread vegan buttery spread on each and top with gravy.