Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Ground beef tostadas are a classic Mexican dish that is quick and easy to make! Tostadas include a crisp, flat tortilla loaded with refried beans and a seasoned ground beef mixture. Classic toppings include shredded cheese, salsa, guacamole, tomato, lettuce, etc.
- Beef Ingredients
2 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 white/yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 cup beef broth
16 oz. refried beans
1 romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
1-pint tomatoes, diced
1-2 avocados, diced
1 bag So Delicious Cheddar Jack
1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, coriander, cayenne, and cornstarch. Mix to combine.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in large skillet over medium to high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another 1 minute.
3. Add the ground beef to the skillet. Cook until browned and cooked through. Stir and break up the meat as it cooks. Add the spices to the meat. Stir to combine. Add beef broth.
4. Simmer meat for 2-3 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
5. Meanwhile, heat the refried beans in saucepan with a little water. Cook until heated through.
6. For the tostadas, spread the refried beans on each tostada shell. Add the meat and then your desired toppings (i.e. cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, etc.)