Beef & Sausage Manicotti
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Fish-Free, Peanut-Free, Shellfish-Free, Nut-Free
Beef & Sausage Manicotti consists of pasta stuffed with hearty sausage and ground beef. It is a great option for cold winter nights when you are craving comfort food! Make sure to make extra, you'll be craving more than one dish of these!
- 1 box manicotti shells, uncooked
1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 lb. ground beef, cooked and crumbled
1 white onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 bag vegan shredded Mozzarella cheese
4 oz. vegan cream cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 jar marinara sauce
2-4 oz. vegan Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook manicotti according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain and rinse in cold water.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Drain grease, remove from heat and set aside in large bowl.
4. In the same skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Strain the meat leaving the grease in the pan and combine cooked sausage with beef.
5. In the same large skillet with the leftover sausage grease, add diced onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add sautéed onion and garlic to beef and sausage mixture.
6. Add vegan mozzarella, vegan cream cheese, salt, and pepper to beef and sausage mixture.
7. Spread 1/2 of the marinara sauce across the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.
8. Stuff each manicotti shell with meat mixture and place stuffed shell in baking pan. Repeat until all the manicotti are stuffed!
9. Pour the remaining marinara sauce over mancotti and top with vegan Parmesan cheese.
10. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes.