Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Nut-Free
A hearty and healthy comfort food meal the whole family will love! Beef Ragu is made a combination of beef, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and spices cooked in a slow cooker and serve over noodles.
- 2.5 - 3.5 lbs. chuck roast, divided into 6 chunks.
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3 tbsp. olive oil
28 oz. crushed tomatoes
2 cups beef broth
3 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
3 carrots, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1 white onion, diced
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 box fettuccini noodles
1. Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium to high heat. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper. Sear the roast until all sides of the beef are brown. Transfer to a slow cooker.
2. In the same skillet, add the diced carrots, celery, and onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes scrapping up all the brown bits from the roast. Add the minced garlic, cook for 1 minute, and then transfer to slow cooker.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, red onion, thyme, and Italian seasoning to the slow cooker.
4. Cook on medium for 2-3 hours. Remove beef from slow cooker and shred. Then return to slow cooker.
5. Cook the fettuccini according to the package instructions.
6. Serve the beef ragu over the fettuccini and top with vegan Parmesan and parsley.