BBQ Pulled Pork
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free
A classic summer BBQ dish that is easy to make and great for potlucks or parties.
- 1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic. minced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup water
1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. molasses
1 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 jalapenos (optional)
1-2 tomatoes (optional)
3 lbs. pork sirloin roast and/or boneless pork country-style ribs
1. Heat skillet with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Saute onions until translucent. Add minced garlic for the last 1-2 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine 1 cup ketchup with 1/3 cup water in saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the sauteed onions and garlic to ketchup-water mixture. Add Dijon mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar, chili powder, and paprika. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a slow cooker, combine pork, BBQ sauce, and optional jalapenos/tomatoes. Add an extra 1/2 cup of water if you need to cover the pork more.
6. Cook on low-med for 4-6 hours. Once pork is cooked through, remove from slow cooker and let cool.
7. Meanwhile, dump the sauce from the slow cooker into a sauce pan. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes to thicken.
8. Once the pork is cool enough to handle, shred with fork. Place shredded pork back into slow cooker. Cover with BBQ sauce. Toss to mix.
9. Cook on low for another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
10. Serve on bun with coleslaw!