BBQ Baked Beans
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Peanut-Free
A hearty summer party staple with beef, bacon, four types of beans, and onion! Perfect for parties, pot lucks, and grill-outs. Best of all, you can make it ahead of time and simply warm it in the crockpot when the time comes.
- 1 lb. ground beef
1 white onion, diced
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. molasses
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 16 oz can butter beans, rinsed and drained
1 16 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 16 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 28 oz can Bush's Baked Beans, not drained
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Determine how you want to cook the beans - simmer in a crock pot, cook in the oven in a large baking dish, or slowly simmer on the stove. Crock pot or oven is recommended over stove top.
2. In a large skillet, cook the beef. Drain the grease. Set aside.
3. In a small skillet, add 1 tbsp. olive oil or 1 tbsp. reserved bacon grease. Sauté the onion for 3-5 minutes.
4. In your preferred cooking dish, combine cooked beef, sautéed onions, ketchup, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, molasses, chili powder, salt, pepper and beans. Stir to combine.
5. Cook the beans. In the oven, cook covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour. In a crock pot, cook on low for 2-4 hours. On the stove, cook on low for 1 hour and stir often.
6. Top with crumbled bacon.