Baked Mac N Cheese with Popcorn Chicken
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Shellfish-Free, Fish-Free
Baked Mac N Cheese with Popcorn Chicken is a creamy, cheesy casserole topped with crunchy, homemade bread crumbs with tasty popcorn chicken tidbits inside. Two favorites rolled up into one deliciously cheesy casserole.
- 24 oz. popcorn chicken
3 cups ready cut spaghetti
1 tbsp. flour
4 tbsp. vegan buttery spread, divided
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne
2 cups vegan cheddar shreds
6 slices allowed white bread
2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
Salt, pepper, and garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay out popcorn chicken and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, and dice into smaller pieces.
3. Once the chicken is done, make the breadcrumbs. Cut the 6 slices of bread into quarters. Spread vegan buttery spread on one side. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 6 minutes, flip, and cook for another 6 minutes. Once golden brown, remove from oven. Let cool and then crumble the bread into breadcrumbs.
4. Cook ready cut spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
5. In a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread. Add 1 tbsp. flour. Create roux and cook for 1-2 minutes until flour starts to brown.
6. Stir in 1 cup almond milk. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add vegan cheddar cheese shreds. Cook for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
7. Add noodles to cheese mixture. Stir until noodles are evenly coated. Add more buttery spread and/or almond milk as needed.
8. In a large 11x15 baking dish, spread mac n cheese. Add popcorn chicken pieces. Toss to combine. Top with breadcrumbs.
9. Bake for 20 minutes until heated through.