Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
This is not the traditional bacon-wrapped water chestnut recipe. Once you wrap the chestnuts in bacon and bake them, you will coat them with a delicious brown sugar sauce. These tasty little appetizers will go fast so be sure you make enough. Also, wonderful as leftovers.
- 8-oz. cans sliced water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 lb. bacon, sliced into 1/3's
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Combine the water chestnuts and soy sauce in a resealable plastic bag. Marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Wrap each water chestnut in a piece of bacon. Secure with toothpick and place on foil-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes until bacon is crisp.
5. Meanwhile, combine ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
5. Coat each bacon-wrapped water chestnut in sauce and place on baking sheet.
6. For meal prep, cover and refrigerate. To serve, cook at 400 degrees for another 15 minutes.