Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free
A tasty treat that is great with fresh jalapenos! These bacon-wrapped jalapenos are creamy and spicy. It's a perfect side dish and/or appetizer.
- 1 lb. bacon
8 oz. Tofutti cream cheese
1 1/2 cups Daiya cheddar cheese shreds
1 small white onion, diced
1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Dice onion.
3. Heat skillet with 1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread. Sauté onion until translucent. Turn off heat.
4. In a medium bowl, combine sautéed onion, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Put on gloves. Carefully, cut the jalapeno in half. Remove seeds and pith (i.e. the white inside with seeds).
6. Fill each jalapeno with cream cheese mixture. Wrap in one slice bacon. Place on cookie sheet lined with foil.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the bacon is crispy.