Bacon Sweet Potato Cups
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A fun, delicious twist to change up the routine breakfast! Trust me when I say these are worth the time and effort.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
¼ cup red pepper
¼ cup onion
1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
1 bag vegan cheddar cheese shreds
1/2 - 1 lb. bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. With a sharp knife, carefully cut the sweet potatoes into 1/16-inch-thick slices.
3. Place the sweet potato slices in a large bowl, add the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and toss the potatoes until evenly coated. Let sit for about 20 minutes until water releases from the sweet potatoes and the slices are soft and flexible.
4. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Arrange 5 sweet potato slices around the side of muffin tin overlapping slightly. Place 1 slice on the bottom. Sprinkle a bit of vegan cheese in the bottom of each cup. Repeat with the remaining potato slices,
5. Bake for 10 minutes until the vegan cheese has melted and the sweet potato slices are tender. Remove the potato cups from oven.
6. Meanwhile, dice the red pepper and onion. Heat 1 tbsp. vegan butter spread in a small skillet. Sauté red pepper and onion for 5-10 minutes until softened slightly.
7. Fill the potato cups with crumbled bacon, onion, red pepper, and more cheddar cheese.
8. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Let cool for about 5 minutes.