Bacon Jalapeno Onion Stuffed Steak Rolls
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
These Bacon Jalapeno Onion Stuffed Steak Rolls are one of Kristina's best-ever creations! All of her favorite things wrapped in the tenderloin. What could be better? Our Bacon Jalapeno Onion Stuffed Steak Rolls are made of bacon, caramelized onion, jalapenos, garlic, breadcrumbs, and mozzarella cheese wrapped in steak tenderloin.
- 1-3 tbsp. buttery spread
1-2 sweet onions, sliced
1-2 jalapenos, sliced
1/2 bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup breadcrumbs (we used Panko)
8 oz. Daiya mozzarella shreds
2 lbs. tenderloin
Freshly grated salt & pepper
1. In a cast iron or another skillet, heat 1 tbsp. buttery spread. Add onions and jalapenos. Sauté until the onions start to caramelize, about 15-minutes. Add another tbsp. of buttery spread as needed. Once the onions have started to caramelize, add minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
2. Add crumbled bacon, 1 cup breadcrumbs, and Daiya mozzarella shreds to bowl. Toss to combine.
3. Lay the steak out on a cutting board, aim for 1/4 inch thickness max. Slice the steak as needed. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer the onion mixture on top of the steak. Spread into an even layer.
5. Starting at the bottom of the steak, carefully roll it up tightly. You want the grain of the meat to run horizontally. Use toothpicks or twine to secure the steak roll. Use one toothpick for each 1/2 slice. Cut the steak into rolls, about 1/2 inch in width.
6. After rinsing out the skillet, heat it over medium heat. Add the steak rolls, do not overcrowd the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes per slide, flipping until cooked to your desired doneness.
7. Remove the toothpicks, serve, and enjoy!