Bacon Corn Orzo Salad
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Bacon Corn Orzo Salad is a delicious and hearty pasta salad made of orzo, bacon, corn, and red onion with a honey mustard dressing. The perfect tasty side dish for your next party or BBQ!
- 1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 box orzo
1/2 lb. bacon
1 red onion, diced
2 cups fresh or frozen corn
1 tsp. thyme
Salt & pepper
1. In a measuring cup, combine honey, mustard, vinegar, and olive oil. Mix and set aside.
2. Follow package instructions and cook the orzo. Drain the orzo and coat with vinaigrette mixture. Set aside
3. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Set on paper towel to drain. Reserve 1 tbsp. bacon grease.
4. Add onion to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes. Add corn, thyme, salt, and pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add to large bowl.
5. Combine corn and onion mixture with orzo and bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve room temperature or cold.