Bacon Chicken Corn Chowder
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
This hearty Bacon Chicken Corn Chowder consists of chicken, bacon, onion, carrots, red pepper, corn, red potatoes, seasoning, vegan cheddar cheese, and vegan mozzarella cheese.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 lb. chicken thighs
2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
1 white onion, diced
3 carrots, diced
1 red pepper, diced
3 tbsp. flour
2 cups almond milk
20 ounces fresh or frozen corn
1 can creamed corn
4 cups chicken broth
1 lb. red potatoes, cut in 1/4 inch slices and halved
1/2 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds
1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, flip, and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Dice into small bite size pieces. Transfer to soup pot.
2. Using the same skillet, add 2 tbsp. buttery spread. Add diced onion, carrots, and red pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Add in flour. Stir until vegetables are coated in flour. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Slowly pour in almond milk. Stir to combine then transfer mixture to soup pot.
3. In the large soup pot, add corn, creamed corn, chicken broth, and garlic powder. Bring to boil then reduce heat, add potatoes, and simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
4. Stir in vegan cheese shreds. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
5. Serve with crumbled bacon on top.