Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
This Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Casserole consists of bacon, cheese, broccoli, and green onions covered in a creamy cheese sauce. This re-creation of bacon cheddar broccoli casserole is by far one of the best I have ever tasted. It is a great go-to for the holidays!
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
¼ cup vegan buttery spread
1/3 cup flour
8 oz. vegan cream cheese
2 cups allowed milk
1 tsp. salt & pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 ½ cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds
1 bunch green onions, sliced
8 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
1. Preheat oven to 350 degress.
2. In a large pot, steam broccoli until almost tender.
3. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the flour and stir until thoroughly mixed. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add in vegan cream cheese and stir until melted.
5. Add the allowed milk and spices. Stir until heated through, but do not boil.
6. Stir in 1 cup of vegan cheddar cheese shreds and remove from heat.
7. In a 9x11 baking dish or larger, add the steamed broccoli followed by the 2/3's of bacon and green onions. Toss to combine.
8. Pour the cheese mixture over the broccoli. Sprinkle remaining bacon and green onion on top along with 1/2 cup of vegan cheddar cheese shreds.
9. Bake for 20 minutes.