Apple Pork Chops
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Your family will enjoy this tasty variation on pork chop night. A delicate balance of spices, tangy mustard, onions, apples and pork chops.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
4-8 bone-in pork chops
Salt and pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. fresh sage
1 ½ tsp. fresh rosemary
½ tsp. thyme
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 apples, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1. Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium to high heat. Sear the pork chops, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and mustard. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, heat another 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add the apples and onions. Cook for 4-8 minutes, depending on how done you like your onions and apples.
5. Season with salt, pepper, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Stir to combine.
6. Pour in mustard and chicken broth mixture. Try to gently scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
7. Slide pork chops back into the pan, nestling them down between the apples.
8. Cook 3-5 minutes, until pork chops are finished cooking and liquid is reduced by half.