Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
What's better than a warm mug of delicious apple cider on a cold fall evening? A warm mug of delicious homemade apple cider of course! Nothing can beat that fresh sweet and tart flavor with a hint (or more) of spice than homemade apple cider.
- 8 gala apples, cored and quartered
4 cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp. whole cloves
1 tsp. whole allspice
10 cups water
½ cup brown sugar
1. Quarter and core apples. Place quartered apples into a slow cooker. Add cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, allspice, and water.
2. Cook on high for 3 hours.
3. Mash the apples with a potato masher. Add in brown sugar. Cook an additional 1-3 hours on low.
4. Strain the solids from the liquids. Discard solids and store liquids in airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for later use.