Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Jams, Jellies, & Sauces
Apple Butter is a fantastic way to savor the flavor all year long after apple picking! This traditional Apple Butter recipe is made of apples, cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Apple Butter is surely one of those recipes that you know if you've had it because you tend to want to spread some on everything after trying it. From pancakes to crackers to even quesadillas, the possibilities are endless!
- 6 lbs. apples, peeled and cored
3 cups sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. kosher salt
1. Peel and core apples.
2. Places apples in crockpot and top with sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cover with lid and set to high. After a 2-3 hours, remove cover and continue cooking.
3. Simmer until mixture is thickened and dark brown, about 4-5 hours.
4. Sterilize and prepare the jars. Fire up the canner.
5. Blend mixture smooth.
6. Transfer to canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
7. Wipe down jars. Center lid on jar and apply band until tight.
8. Place jar in canner and process for 10 minutes
9. Remove jars from canner. Let cool for 24 hours - you might hear a popping sound as the jar seals. Identify and date the jars.
10. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.