Apple Almond Quinoa
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A fun grain to spruce up your main course, the apple almond quinoa is a delicious and hearty dish that will leave you full and satisfied! Apple Almond Quinoa is made of quinoa, onion, carrots, garlic, apples, slivered almonds, and spices.
- 1 cup quinoa
2 tsp. olive oil
1 white onion, diced
3-4 large carrots, diced
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chicken broth
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1 ½ cup apples, diced
3 tbsp. silvered/sliced almonds
1. Dice the onion and carrots. Mince the garlic cloves.
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp. oil. Add onion and carrots. Sauté for 7 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another 1 minute.
2. Stir in broth, quinoa, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Bring to boil.
3. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Fluff with fork
4. Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat 1 tsp. olive oil. Add apple and sauté for 7 minutes until apple starts to brown.
7. Add apple and almonds to quinoa. Toss to combine.