Acorn Stuffed Squash
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Acorn Stuffed Squash is a fall favorite made of acorn squash stuffed with sausage, white onion, celery, garlic, apple, vegan Parmesan, and fresh herbs.
- 2 acorn squash, halved
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 lb. Italian sausage
1 white onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1-2 apples (depending on size), diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 cups breadcrumbs
1 tsp. fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
1/2 tsp. fresh sage
2 tsp. fresh parsley
1/2 cup vegan Parmesan Shreds
1 cup chicken broth
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Carefully, slice each squash in half, scrape out the seeds, coat inside with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in oven for 45 minutes until fork tender.
4. Meanwhile, cook the Italian sausage until cooked through. Transfer sausage to a large bowl, leave grease in pan.
5. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to drippings. Add white onion and celery, cook until softened. Add apple and cook until softened. Add minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer mixture to bowl with sausage.
6. Add pepper, breadcrumbs, fresh herbs, and 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan.
7. Pour chicken broth over mixture. Toss until combined.
8. Once squash is roasted, add filling to squash.
9. Cook stuffed squash for another 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining vegan Parmesan and cook for another 5 minutes.